PROCESS: Value Engineering
- We help our clients with new product production start-up, whether at their own plant or at a contract manufacturer. We also help with sustaining engineering as needed.
- In the Production Unit phase the focus is primarily:
- (1) Value Engineering - reducing the per unit manufacturing cost of the product, and
- (2) Reliability Engineering - reducing warranty service costs for the product
- (3) Automated test Equipment - reducing labor needed during production
Efforts are first focused on the Low Function/High Cost items. These are great candidates for outright elimination or substitution by other equivalent lower-cost components. For the High Function/Low Cost items, efforts are focused on increasing functionality if so desirable. For the High Function/High Cost items, efforts are focused on increasing functionality and reducing cost. For the Low Function/Low Cost items, efforts are focused on elimination or substitution.